Sunday, March 18, 2012

Culinary Chronicles: Sourdough for a Small Kitchen -- Crepes

I almost always prefer a savory breakfast to a sweet one.  A few weekends ago I put together my standard sourdough pancake starter on Saturday night, but Sunday morning I just wasn't quite up for pancakes drizzled in syrup.  Instead I remembered the sweet potato and bag of spinach that I needed to use up in the vegetable crisper.  What's the savory answer to pancakes?  Crepes!  I modified the pancake recipe into crepes by omitting the baking soda, and adding water to the mix to thin it down.

A quick sauté with some onion, and a drizzle of an improvised goat cheese sauce, and they were delicious.  Later that afternoon a classic lemon and sugar crepe to go along with my tea.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, you make yummy food, Sasha! I get hungry just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete