Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Musings

As it threatens to storm here (thunder!), I give you the following things that have entertained me online this week.

Leave it to Spain to bring opera to the flash mob.

Rent control combined with two professional incomes can make for some mighty nice apartment dwelling. (via door sixteen).

One of my New Year's resolutions was to learn how to make croissants.  My first attempt was this morning, and while they tasted good and had the required buttery layers, they looked ugly as all get out.  This guy makes shaping them look so simple.  Can't be to hard on myself, since it wouldn't have been a resolution if I thought it was going to be easy.  Also on my cooking challenges for the year-- pie crust and english muffins.  Ever made any of those?



And finally, in order to get the acequia water from one side of the property to the other, I wish I could have a channel like this built.  That's the L'Occitane garden, so you just know it smells deliciously like lavender too.  Maybe L'Occitane can just ship me the materials when they break down the garden.  The Chelsea Flower Show doesn't last that long does it?  (via Fennel & Fern).

No comments:

Post a Comment